Mr. Bell grew up in Montana, and takes great pride in representing Montanans and their businesses. He graduated with honors from the University of Montana law school in 1993. His career in advocacy began early. While still in law school, he received the American Jurisprudence Award for Scholarship in Real Property and the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Award for Excellence in Advocacy. He competed on the school's National Moot Court competition team and tried numerous cases as the head intern for the Missoula County Attorney's Office.
In his 25+ years of practice, Mr. Bell has represented clients throughout the state. He is admitted to practice before the Montana State and Federal District Courts, the Montana Supreme Court, the Tribal Court of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has tried numerous jury and non-jury cases, and argued issues of statewide importance before the Montana Supreme Court. Mr. Bell is also an instrument-rated private pilot. He has served as counsel in aircraft crash cases in Montana and Idaho, and represented airmen before the National Transportation Safety Board.
Mr. Bell regularly handles complex cases in the areas of construction, aviation, real estate, insurance, serious injury, and sexual abuse. Mr. Bell also works with clients who are operating businesses to provide a counsel on the issues that such businesses face in the modern legal landscape.
Mr. Bell is deeply involved in his community. He has served on the Missoula Catholic Schools' Foundation Board, the St. Patrick Hospital Foundation Board and the University of Montana Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Mr. Bell is rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell's peer-reviewed rating service. He was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 23rd edition of "The Best Lawyers in America" for the practice of Corporate Law. In 2019, he was invited to membership in the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, "Nation's Top One Percent".
Areas of Practice
- Aviation Law
- Commercial Litigation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Montana, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1993
- Montana State Supreme Court
- Confederated Salish Tribal Court
- Kootenai Tribal Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Scholarship in Real Property
- Honors: Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Award for Excellence in Advocacy
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Competition Team
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America
Past Employment Positions
- Missoula County Attorney’s Office, Head Intern
Pro Bono Activities
- Missoula Catholic Schools’ Foundation Board
- St. Patrick Hospital Foundation Board
- University of Montana Alumni Association Board of Directors