Mr. Laird graduated from the University of Montana law school in 2000. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Carroll College in Helena.
Since 2000, Mr. Laird has appeared in courts throughout Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming, handling a broad array of cases. He is admitted to practice before the Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming State and Federal District Courts, the Supreme Courts of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Tribal Court of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation. Mr. Laird focuses his practice on civil litigation, commercial litigation, construction litigation, personal injury litigation, real estate litigation, and professional negligence litigation. He handles complex tort cases, ranging from professional negligence claims to wrongful death cases.
Mr. Laird formerly served on the Camp Mak-A-Dream Board of Directors, both as a Director and as an Officer.
Mr. Laird is rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell's peer-reviewed rating service. Mr. Laird is recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Mountain States Super Lawyers. Only the top five percent of each state’s attorneys are selected by Super Lawyers. Mr. Laird was also recognized as a "Rising Star" by Mountain States Super Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Confederated Salish Tribal Court
- University of Montana School of Law, Missoula, Montana
- J.D. - 2000
- Carroll College in Helena
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Rising Star, Mountain States Super Lawyers
Pro Bono Activities
- Former Director and Officer, Camp Mak-A-Dream Board of Directors